Monday, November 30, 2020

Making a movie: reserving the rights

 For our short film we want to have music in the background. But for us to be able use music from artists we will need their permission. I have been emailing artists and their managers for a while now, but nothing has come from it. So recently I just decided that maybe I would be better off messaging them on instagram. I just decided to use artists from my playlist and messaged them, about our film and asked if we would be able to use any of their songs. Sadly none of them have gotten back to us yet. I am mostly hoping for a response from Kali Uchis and Clairo because I really love their music, and I feel like it really fits with the film. I was really hoping to be able to get Billie Eilish music in our film because her song "my future" has the perfect vibes for our film. I think I might try twitter messages next and hopefully some more emails. I am quite upset that they do not check their emails very often, because this is really important to me, but I cant really be upset because they are extremely busy and probably get millions of messages a day. 


(footage of me when I realise im probably not getting a response)


No comments:

Post a Comment