Wednesday, October 7, 2020

genre choice for film

 In a previous blog, I mentioned that my partner and I were researching genres. From those we researched, we had to pick one where our film would fit perfectly. We ended up picking coming of age. We picked this one by thinking of the scenarios and instances that would go better with each genre. This genre was chosen because the type of film and storyline fit better with it. Coming of age provides a lot of different elements that are relatable to younger audiences. It would allow my partner and I to see what really makes an audience relate to this film. Even more so, it would help us to put our ideas out there. It would also help us improve more as filmmakers. Coming of age will show all the hardships she will go through. Those hardships all lead up to her finding herself and who she is. There will be incorporations of some drama and romance. These are only minor details forming her growth or “coming of age”. The main idea of the story is coming of age. Luckily there is no need to change the pitch. The pitch matches up with the genre perfectly. We will use what we researched while making the film. Now that I have those things sorted out I can continue on to the next step. I am so excited for what is to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment