Wednesday, October 7, 2020

genres i would like to research

 Now that I have made my pitch I can start to explore genres where this film would fit in. As you can see, I am taking quite a shift from my previous project. This time around I will be researching the genres: coming of age, romance, and drama. I am researching these genres specifically because the film will possibly fall into one of these categories. In this new film contrasts in beliefs are presented. This then creates tension between the characters. We can stem out from those conflicts and create a whole drama film. There is also an idea that there is a young girl coming to a realization about herself. She is finding herself throughout the whole story and figuring herself out and learning the further she goes on. This, in turn, can be a coming of age film of her finding who she is. In the pitch, I mentioned that she will run off with her girlfriend. Everything she does could be for love. Maybe everything will tie into her love for her girlfriend. Having the whole film revolve around love which would make it a romance film. There are so many possible genres for it to fall into. We can't know for sure which one will be the one we go with. Depending on which approach my partner and I take while planning this film we can determine which genre it will be. I will be sharing the research next blog. After evaluating the research an discussing with my partner I will be able to determine the genre of the film.




No comments:

Post a Comment